Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

signs, signs everywhere are signs...

I have been wanting to make this "Create" sign since Christmas.  I originally saw a mug with the word "create" on it at one of my favorite stores (Paper Source) while doing my Christmas shopping.  I thought it would make an adorable sign.  So how many months later?  Here it is.  I thought I would take pictures along the way and show you how I did it.


First I found the font and size of letters I wanted.  I printed them out on the computer and then cut them out.


Then I turned them over and rubbed the back with a pencil, to create a transfer.



Then I placed them on the piece of wood and just used a pen to trace around the letters, this is what I got.





Then I just painted the letters with some black paint I already had.


After that I sanded the piece of wood down and rubbed it with some stain (I think it was pecan color stain)

The finished sign!


It sits on the top of my desk in my office along side of a picture of my boy playing baseball and my beautiful Mother's Day poem written by my daughter.
  Lets hope it gives me a little inspiration...


Have a great day!!

xo

Linking up to:
                      Savvy Southern Style
                      The Shabby Nest
                       The 36th Ave.
                       Remodelaholic
                       Tatertots & Jello
                       Under the Table and Dreamimg
          

6 comments:

  1. Your sign looks great! And I love to create, so that makes me love it even more! What a fun project, and great addition to any craft room or office! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic! I love it!
    -H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sign looks great! I LOVE that you did it the "old" fashioned way for those of use who don't have the silhouette cameos! I would just LOVE to have you share this at my link party....I am a new GFC follower...would love to have you take a peak at my place too

    http://www.pincushioncreations.com/2012/05/homemade-by-you-13-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!! Hope you can link it up at my brand new Trendy Tuesday party!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2012/05/trendy-tuesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sign and I love your tutorial. Such an easy method. I would love it if you would consider sharing this idea with some of my readers. I'm sharing a linky party with another blogger so it would be linked up on 2 blogs. Here is the link.
    http://intheoldroad.blogspot.com/2012/05/summer-recipes-and-all-stars-linky.html

    Shasta

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...